The Building History
The N.K. Hurst Co. Inc. building was built in 1906 and was first used as a printing company. It was then used by Kroger as a produce warehouse for Central Indiana. N.K. Hurst Co. Inc. purchased the building in 1947 to use as its headquarters, office spaces, packaging center and warehouse distribution center for dried beans, peas and lentils as well as sweeteners such as cane sugar, beet sugar, and corn syrups. N.K. Hurst Co. Inc. sells and distributes dried beans to customers in all 50 states as well as to the U.S. Military in the United States, Europe and the Pacific Rim. In 2017, N.K. Hurst Co. Inc. moved its dried bean packaging to a new facility, and in 2019 moved its seasoning packet production to the new facility as well. This is where the transition of the space between a factory and an event center begins.